Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Driftwood Candle Holder Project


This is my latest DIY decorating project.  Actually, my husband and I collaborated on this one. The back was cut from a piece of driftwood we found on the beach this summer. 
The piece is made from various found items, and we hung it on the wall with an antique, flat-headed, iron nail. 
We cut the metal base off of a filigree candle holder that wasn't really our style.  It was originally silver, but I spray painted it with black matte paint to make it look like cast iron.
I found the class candle holder at Goodwill.  I have a passion for hobnail and for blue glass, so how could I resist?  Plus, it only cost $1.00.
Here's how the candle holder looks in it's new home in our bathroom.  My husband and I are very happy with the way it turned out.  The total cost for the project was a dollar for the glass candle holder and a couple bucks for a can of black spray paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment